Saturday 24 May 2014

String Thing 41 and 'M' Tangles

Another busy week for me but I have managed to complete Adele Bruno's String Thing 41, which is posted on her blog, Tickled to Tangle on Tuesdays. This week, using String 026 by Margaret Bremner, we were given tangles beginning with 'R' :


River  by Suzanne McNeill, CZT
River Stones  by Lori Howe
Rixty  an official Zentangle® pattern
and to add a grid based pattern to the mix,  Ripples by Helen Williams

I completed mine just after lunch today in a quiet moment and added a little colour as I thought my Rixty looked a little lost against the 'busyness' the lovely Ripple pattern by Helen Williams. I am quite pleased with how it turned out and enjoyed doing it very much.


And late last night, under the fascinated gaze of my eldest son, I did my tile for Cheryl over on Artful Creations. The 'Tackle it Tuesday' challenge has reached the letter 'M'. There's been a lot of overlap of ideas, if not tangles in the challenges this week. We had 'Rain' from the Diva, Rivers from Adele...and don't you think the string above looks like the letter 'M'??

I learnt a new tangle for the 'M' challenge and fell in love with it! Mi2 is definitely 'my' sort of tangle - and it was this that my son found absorbing to watch. I teamed it with Meer, Meo and a little touch of Mak-rah-mee.

Hope you like them - do let me know! Thanks for looking. 
Axxx


2 comments:

  1. That thud was my jaw hitting my desk! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! I'll take it as a compliment but don't like to think my attempts at art are causing damage to anyone! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax