Thursday 15 May 2014

Duotangle with Punzel and Well and 'L' Tangles

I can never remember which number challenge we've got to....I thought this was 140. Not that it matters!

Another wonderful challenge from Laura the Diva this week...number 167 (maybe I'll remember for next week). A duo tangle using Punzel and Well. My jaw dropped at Punzel as I have only made one miserable attempt at this particular tangle and have never touched it since! So a real challenge.

Well, I remember Well well from a previous challenge and I found it difficult to start with but managed to get into it - it was part of another duo tangle, with Peanuckle. You do push us, Laura!

I have worked at improving Punzel and in the end, I am rather pleased with my attempt. I left Well pretty well alone, making it the border and allowing a few 'single' editions to join Punzel in the main tile.

Many thanks Laura - I really can't wait to see what others have done with this Challenge!

Axxx


In addition to the Diva Challenge this week, I have done a tile for 'Tackle it Tuesday' over on Cheryl's Artful Creations blog. We're working our way through the alphabet and this week, we're at 'L'.

This is my 'L' tangle, which I really enjoyed, discovering some new tangles and using many of them to follow a string that I made up.

Hope you like it!

Leaflet, Laced, Lazy Eights, LaBel, Lantern Pho and LinQ - and lots of white space!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful tile, Annie. I love the red and how you used the shimmer. It looks like a lovely stack of hearts to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean! Thank you so much - it was a challenge this week but I'm quite happy with my red Punzel. Axxx

      Delete
  2. I really like the boldness of the red in punzel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Punzel was feeling very bold, Kate! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, totally beautiful!
    Love, * Manja *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicy was exactly the word that came to mind to me as well! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Saffi - thank for dropping by and leaving me this lovely comment. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Great idea using Wells to create a frame. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I don't often do borders but thought I'd use a simplified Well - it was very Zen doing it! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Wow, Annie, this is a gorgeous tile. I love the red Punzel and your shading is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Annemarie - I'm quite pleased with the shading; glad you like it too! Axxx

      Delete
  7. Thank you Caroona, you certainly make it sound delicious! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your tile this week. Thanks for playing along each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for offering the challenge and hosting the entries - it's a lot of work and it's much appreciated. Axxx

      Delete
  9. How gorgeous!!! Both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as unique as yours, Marta but thank you so much! Axxx

      Delete
  10. Nice Well frame. I also think that the red looks great. Not sure that I could do Punzel that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Donald..though you've got me worried now..I thought I'd done Punzel in the 'normal' way! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax