Friday 22 November 2013

Quib and Quibbish.

I wasn't impressed with my own first attempts at Quib at all. I think the new tangle inspired some fantastic work from others and I seemed to like the ones which (like my own) have more than a passing reference to the sea, jelly fish and shells. Quib seems perfect for capturing a waving, moving, fluid sensation of movement.

I went into town today to buy some pens for my forthcoming workshop and decided to try the papeleria nearest to my daughter's school for the first time. I've been in all the others and am mainly underwhelmed by the choice. Although the choice here was definitely wider, the nibs were almost all 0.5 or greater and I wanted something really fine. In the end, I was pleased to find some pens that had a fine nib - with a thicker nib at the other end! Two for one! And she had them in a few colours too - not exciting colours but she said she could get more. So I got those too.

When I came home, I set to on Quib again and came up with something I like a lot better than yesterday's efforts, even though the colours are not good. (The Drupe in the top corner was a practice with the pens... )




And then, because of Drupe and because of the colours and because of the positioning on the paper, I thought I'd run it through the BeFunky website to crop and reposition it.


This to fade out the tacky colours....better I think.

Or better facing this way...with brown tones?

Or even better...Sepia tones! (Sepia is Spanish for squid, so very fitting I think!)
Not sure if it's cheating really. Probably is. But I'm really pleased with the different effects.



12 comments:

  1. I like the green toned one.....lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's good of you to comment. Hope you will pop back sometime and share your name. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne - I am much happier with this one! My other looks like a poor, stringly thing to me! Axxx

      Delete
  3. I really shouldn't look at this blog of yours as I know I'll soon be in town searching for fin nibs and that will be the end of all the other things I have on the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything in moderation, Annie, even doing things on the to-do list. (You'll be able to make your list look stunning, though...) Axxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank Zoe....am still so very envious of your beautiful Zentangle box! Axxx

      Delete
  5. I love how you used purk as the the "end caps" for the quib. Very neat to se it flipped and in various color combos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think it's OK to do this, Kate! I'm new to it all and am just so enjoying everything I'm seeing and learning. I love purk - and quib seemed to have a very oceanic feel to it. They go together.
      Axxx

      Delete
  6. I enjoy playing with the photo editing tools on Picassa, and don't think it's cheating as long as you mention that you did it. Your Quib looks great, and I love the sepia tone version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Stacie. I didn't alter the drawing, just the colours and the angles...it's just that it looks better to me after it's been through Befunky...but maybe that's the objectivity of it changing slightly, it's not so familiar! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax