Thursday 21 November 2013

Quib - Diva Challenge 145

This is a new tangle called Quib and some folk have done really wonderful things with it, judging from what I've seen over on Laura's blog,  I am the Diva. I'm very envious of some of the entries to the weekly challenge as Quib is both a simple and yet very sophisticated tangle and there are some great examples of both. I tried my hand at one of each - in my own way!

I will, in time, master this one as I do like it very much. So much to learn from what others have done but here are my two first attempts!

This made me think of a jelly fish...lying on a sea 'bed'!
And this one uses my favourite metal tube....I started too high on the paper to be able to 'capture' my 'quibs' at the other end as they came blowing out of the end of the tube. Also, I didn't spread them out quite enough, so distinguishing one from the other was difficult as so many of them are quite dark....I live and learn!




10 comments:

  1. Love how the ends are in the loop at the bottom of the first one, plus the lovely color. The metal tube is neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color and especially like how the top one slips through the paper on the bottom. The tube is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. I think Quib has been an excellent and inspiring tangle for lots of people - I'm definitely going to be practising this one! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, these are amazing.....but the photo cube is incredible. I am so looking forward to playing with that ! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the photocube on another tangler's website and thought....oooh, want!! It's brill and really easy...you'll have a great time but also a great problem choosing which of your lovely photos to use! Axxx

      Delete
  4. You did very well wil Quib. The second one is very original and the colors in the first one are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne. I feel I've joined a very supportive and encouraging community of lovely people. And am enjoying the drawing to boot! Axxx

      Delete
  5. Your first one seems to slither across the "sea bed", and the second is super cool! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue...I'm getting to grips with the tangle better now...less slithery with practice! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax