Wednesday 22 January 2014

I am the Diva Challenge #151 and Moebius Syndrome

This week, to bring to the fore the condition known as Moebius Syndrome, which Laura's second son was born with, we are tangling the amazing moebius strip.
This is not a disease but a very rare neurological disorder which is present at birth. It primariy affects the cranial nerves and means those with the condition can't move their faces to express emotions that the rest of us take for granted - like smiling, frowning - and it affects the eyes and their lateral movement. Artoo, as we know him, has had to have a lot of help in his early life but it's clear that he is very involved in all the usual things and wants to be a palaeontologist when he grow up - and jolly good luck to him I say.
More information and some great photos on I am the Diva's blog. Do pop over and see what others have created this week

This is my take on the Moebius Syndrome's symbol. I used gold pen on the tangles but it doesn't show too well. 

I used Cubine and Fife - Fife is new to me and I did enjoy doing it.

Raising awareness for all sorts of things is something I wholeheartedly agree with and I wish Laura, Artoo and all the family all the very best for the future. It was a good challenge. Thank you!




22 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! I like your moebius strip and the background very much! Great choice of tangles and colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LonettA...purple it had to be! I wish I'd curved the Cubine more as I think it would have made the strange and illogical aspect of the moebius strip more obvious...Ax

      Delete
  2. Great tile and I love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind, Kate - I still have LOOOONG way to go to learn how to use colour properly but I will keep trying. Axxx

      Delete
  3. That;s a great way of introducing purple into the background x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - interestingly, I originally did 'Florz' as the background, which you have done too, but felt I needed to add purple as I hadn't got any anywhere else...Axxx

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love the gently purple background you did for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was almost disastrous, not gentle, as some of the pens I'd used on the strip weren't permanent and started to run....but so glad you like it. Thanks for commenting, Jean. Axxx

      Delete
  5. Like the tangles that you used. The shading in the background makes it look like lattice work. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I had hoped to make the strip 'move' more but I'm happy that it looks OK and makes the important point about Moebius Syndrome. I do like these two tangles very much. Axxx

      Delete
    2. Not sure if you would see it but I responded that Genoa is a tangle that I deconstructed. The step out is in a post from June 27, 2013. Until I set up a separate page of my tangles this is how you can find the step out.

      Delete
    3. Great, thanks so much! Ax

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tile, most of all I love your background with the soft purple touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Didisch...as I told Jean, the background was a bit of an accident but a happy one! Axxx

      Delete
  7. It sparkles for me! Lovely combination of tangles....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much. Axxx

      Delete
  8. I do like your 'accident' background, so als always ...... there are no mistakes in zentagle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie - I knew that I liked Zentangle if not exactly for that reason, then partly for it! Axxx

      Delete
  9. Very Nice! I like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and telling me this, Johanna. Axxx

      Delete
  10. Amazing, so elegant your tangle work is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Daniele - great words of encouragement. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax