Wednesday 8 January 2014

Weekly Challenge #149

Laura, at I am the Diva, gave us a beautifully elegant example of this week's challenge - on a theme of 'The New Year' or '2014'. I had already done a welcome banner for 2014 which was almost literally full of New Year 'spirit' - I drew it after drinking plenty champagne! And my husband kept on topping up my glass as I tried (and failed) to draw 'Bales' behind the word 'Year'!! However, as it's Zentangle and any deviation from the expected is an opportunity,  I just carried on regardless. It's cheerful and makes me smile when I open my blog.

My entry to the challenge this week puts the 'Footlite' on 2014 as the 'Crescent Moon' curtain rises and the tangled curtain pattern (whose name I couldn't locate... ) pulls back to reveal a 'quietly confident' year. ( I hope!)  Not quite Zentangle but I couldn't put the idea away once I'd had it. On my copy, the Footlites are shining silvery which is caught up in accents on the numbers but my scanner doesn't pick that up. And whilst I don't usually 'do' colour, I decided the new year was a good time to give it a go. Promise I'll practice for future posts!



Happy New Year - hope it's tangling well for you so far.

10 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts for the New Year and great to depict them. The color is a nice soft touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald...I still have such a lot to learn but it is something I am so enjoying doing. And 2014 is the year to improve techniques, I feel. Axxx

      Delete
  2. Very lovely tile for celebrating the new year! The colors add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, LonettA. 2014 is now well underway - let's hope it goes well. Axxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love the idea of the new year being on stage. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily - though I have to confess that I'm much happier when my tangles don't try to 'look' like anything! But the idea and image were too strong to resist. Axxx

      Delete
  4. Great idea with the stage! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely lady Kate! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original and well done.
    Maybe you like to know that in Erin's blog clicking you name leads to Erin's blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annemarie..and oh my goodness, why does that keep happening? I thought I had been really careful this time. Thank you so much for your kind comment and for telling me about my silly mistake! Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax