Wednesday 1 January 2014

Tangling the year out

I'm just about to start Erin's final Zendala Dare of 2013. I didn't notice it yesterday because I was busy doing quite a big picture which I so enjoyed doing.

I just filled a big page with anything that came into my head.



And now, I'm going to sit in front of the fire with my family and whilst they all watch 'Star Wars' or something similar, I shall get on with my last Zendala Dare of the year. I do love Zentangle!

*************************************************


Happy New Year to you all.

These two are both quite 'dense'. The first one looks rather industrial, I think, with the tubes and the pipes...

And the second has some of my favourite tangles which are reminiscent of seashells. I enjoyed this but am off to try a third one and use some much looser tangles...


Don't forget to check out the incredibly varied and interesting versions done by others on Erin's blog!

14 comments:

  1. Both are realy lovely, strong in black and white! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joke...I love strong contrast and lots of shading! Axxx

      Delete
  2. They're both quite nice, but I definitely favor the second one. Maybe because Purk is one of my favorite tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And one of mine too, Audrie. Thank you! Axxx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had fun doing your big one. I like the mechanical look of the pipes going around. Your use of shading is awesome! I also really like your happy new year banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Munchie..I love shading and had great fun on the big one!! And I have to confess, my new year banner was done under the influence of a little alcohol...my husband kept topping up my glass as I was drawing...! Still, it's nice and cheerful. Axxx

      Delete
  4. I like both of your Zendalas, but favor the first because it is quite unique. I like the industrial feel and as already mentioned, your shading is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Deb...we all take a different approach to similar things and get amazingly different results, which is what I love. I do try to do pretty but it's obviously not my style! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both zendalas are beautiful! Wonderful choice of tangles! Also I like the great contrast!
    Your ZIA is brilliant! It appears so lively with these many nice details! Your shading is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - that's a lot of praise from someone whose work I really admire! Thank you so much LonettA!! Axxx

      Delete
  7. I like them both, but love the tube/pipe one, brilliant work.....Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn - I said earlier that I'd love to do pretty and delicate but it just doesn't happen! Happy New Year to you too. Axxx

      Delete
  8. Both are great, but the first one is my favorite. I love the boldness of it.
    Your big picture is very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Anne!! I wasn't sure about posting the first one as it's a bit different but glad you like it. And the big picture was a real joy to do. Axxx

      Delete

I read everyone's comments and am delighted that you took the time to share your views. Thank you! Ax